- Hands on leader with comprehensive design and construction experience in retail stores, corporate office
buildings, distribution centers facilities, and MEP design reviews. Deep expertise and proficiency in new concepts development, contract administration, organizational development and implementation, change management, Procurement, budget planning, due diligence, and staff training.
- Good Communicator to Executive Leadership team on emerging industry design trends; proven ability to lead organizations through new brands startup and growth strategies; effective on spearheading critical expansion projects and new concepts in very fast-paced markets. Ability to work well in a high pressure environments.
- Proven ability to drive profits and increase cost savings through creative planning and coordination of all
essential functions, from initial concept development to team building, and quality control.
- Successful at managing change for improved performance and efficiency, including identifying root causes and developing solutions, establishing goals and implementing strategies to achieve them.
- Skilled in organization start-up and development, process re-engineering, and staff mentoring; experienced in team development and project management; communicate objectives; motivate associates to achieve peak performance; hands-on leadership to create high-performance teams.
- Skilled organizer of complex programs, Self-starting, goal oriented strategist whose confidence, and
perseverance and vision promote success.
Karaze Freelance, LLC
Florida, United States of America (USA)
•Provide comprehensive Project Management and Consulting services to selective clients with unique local and global development needs. By recognizing that clients require value added management skills and strategic development, our program management brings unparalleled strategic and technical expertise to every facet of design, construction, operations and maintenance programs.
•Acting as an extension of the clients organizations, we provide customized management methodologies that
streamline processes, procedures and systems to enhance the success of each project. Our partnership
approach fosters collaboration with all team members, enabling clients to maximize the contributions of the entire design and construction team while establishing best practices for the long term management and any needed future changes/updates of the clients program.
•Services include concept design management, production design management and drawings reviews,
coordination of MEP and ARCH. and Structural Disciplines, Schedules development and tracking, On-Site
•Objectives has been to develop Standards for the delivery process and set up effective project tracking systems. Institute time and cost savings solutions while maintaining clients standards. Ensure timely & effective delivery of all phases of the project from Pre-Design (Feasibility Studies/Survey/Budget Prep), Design (Coordination of all Disciplines), Pre-construction (Contractors Qualifications/Bidding/Vendors procurement/Schedules), Construction Services (Site supervision/Schedules Tracking/Shop drawings/RFI’s/Cost & Budget management/Weekly reports/ Final punch/Occupancy), Post Construction (Close out books/As built/Lien waivers/All disciplines sign-off/Jurisdictions sign-off).
Sr. Vice President
1999 - 2012
Abercrombie & Fitch
New Albany, Ohio, United States of America (USA)
Directed activities of Stores Design and Construction for 5-Brands, opening stores at a rate of 120 stores per
year domestically and internationally.
• Directed activities of office and distribution facilities design and construction and maintenance for a 450 acres
campus, 900,000 square feet Offices, and two million square feet of Distribution Centers.
• Worked closely with each of the Retail Brands leadership and the associated Marketing and Visual Teams to
define new initiatives for store design and Fixtures.
• Interacted with Real Estate and Legal teams on leasing issues and reviewed spaces for conceptual layouts
and Mechanical, Electrical requirements.
• Formulated and Administered company policies and developed goals and plans for my departments and
implemented a successful communication process between all on new directives.
• Communicated and presented to the CEO and leadership team accurate periodic reports and key milestones
regarding stores development, and campus expansion projects.
• Responsible for managing a $350M annual budgets for design and construction.
• Reviewed analyses of schedules, costs, operations data to determine department progress towards stated
goals and objectives. Established and implemented corrective actions.
• Supervised a team of two VP’s and five Directors and a total organization of 70 associates.
• Served as a member of management committees on special studies.
• Approved all new suppliers for new brands concepts and sourced both domestically and internationally.
• Traveled to stores to audit compliance with company design and construction standards.
Sr. Director of Construction
1994 - 1999
The Limited inc.
Columbus, Ohio, United States of America (USA)
• Directed facilities development and needs assessment from site acquisition through completion of construction
for 7-facilities total of 5M-sf with an annual budget of $60M.
• Developed and conducted presentations on space planning and projects definitions for sign off by leadership
and business divisions.
• Prepared high level estimates, capital budget requests, and financial reports of projects
• Ensured compliance with company architectural design standards and building codes.
• Managed consultants of all disciplines (Architects, Engineers, GC's, Move managers).
• Collaborated with all internal and external constituents regarding the construction and maintenance of
• Trained and managed four project managers and achieved significant improvements in their productivity.
1989 - 1994
Gilbane Building Co.
Columbus, Ohio, United States of America (USA)
Performed Project Management duties on a variety of building construction projects, and supervised a staff of five to eight associates as well as all the consultants involved at each project. Responsibilities included the following:
• Design phase- site surveys; assembly of schematic and design development estimates; preparation of design/bidding/construction schedules; review of MEP systems and cost analysis of energy usage; value engineering of design to review with clients, management of purchasing functions and review of contract forms; preparation of project safety and site utilization manuals.
• Construction phase- supervision of field assistant superintendents; management of contracts with contractors and consultants; cost reporting and approval of change orders; compliance with CPM schedules and safety programs; close out documentation and buildings turn over.
List of Projects:
• The Limited, Bath & Body campus, Ohio. 900,000sf, $38M
• The Limited, Victoria Secret catalogue, Ohio. 750,000sf, $55M
• The Limited, Corporate campus renovations, Ohio. 553,000sf, $22M
• Picotte developers, Albany, NY. 120,000sf, $20M
• The Limited, Lane Bryant/VSS, Ohio. 1.5M-sf, $120M
Masters in Construction Management
Ohio State University
Ohio, United States of America (USA)
Bachelor, Civil Engineering
American University of Beirut
CERTIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Ohio State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors- EIT certification
Florida Community Association Manager (CAM) license
International Institute for learning, Inc- the Kerzner approaches to Project Management Excellence
Member of PMI and AMA management associations.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
Area of focus
Renovation & Rehabilitation