An accomplished claims/contracts management professional with more than 17 years of experience in contract management and claims consulting services within high-profile corporations. Hands-on leader administers construction contracts and claims along with arbitration cases; sustain project controllership, and strong working relationships among employees. Demonstrate a broad range of technical, personal effectiveness and leadership skills, as well as apply rigorous logic and methods to come up with actual solutions to difficult issues. Exhibits aptitude to deliver support for multiple priorities and cope with change. Possess written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic.
Selected as the Dispute Resolution Adviser of the Year 2017 by Finance Monthly Magazine - M&A Awards 2017
Selected as the Best Construction Disputes Attorney – Lebanon by MEA Markets Magazine - 2017 MEA Legal Awards
Publications & Seminars
• Thesis: Will FIDIC-Style Construction Contracts Bring Certainty to International Construction Projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) or Will the Sharia Factor Affect Their Application?, June 2016.
• Thesis: Human Resource Management in the Lebanese Construction Industry, June 2006.
• Article: “Is Your Design-Build Fit For Purpose?”, Litigation & Dispute Resolution 2018; Expert Guide, October 2018.
• Article: “Construction Contract Disputes - Reasons, Avoidance and Resolution”, Litigation & Dispute Resolution 2017; Expert Guide, October 2017.
• Article: "How to make a baseline programme bullet proof?" Gulf Construction Online, 8 September 2016. http://www.gulfconstructiononline.com/news/story/9230
• Article: “Is the Employer Entitled to Apply More than Liquidated Damages?” Arab Construction World (ACW) magazine; Volume XXVII issue No. 5 May 2009, Sub Section: Word of the Expert | Page: 64.
• Article: “The Consequences of Belated Determination of Extension Claims Under FIDIC Contracts“ AACE Internal Journal of costs estimation, Cost/Schedule Control, and Project Management; Vol. 51/No. 8 AUGUST 2009, Sub Section: Technical Articles | Page 24.
• Article Contribution: “Planning and Accounting for Adverse Weather", AACE International Recommended Practice 84R-13.
• Presentation Contribution: "Planning for Adverse Weather Conditions in Construction Projects" by Chris Carson, PSP, CCM, Corporate Director of Project Controls. http://slidesha.re/b9YyAl.
• Seminar, December 2011: “FIDIC 1999 Conditions of Contracts”, in house presentation, at Beirut Dunes Center, for more than 35 staff members tackling: Outline of the FIDIC Suite of Contracts, Introduction to the FIDIC New Red Book and Implications of the FIDIC New Red Book in respect of the duties of the Engineer/Project Manager.
• Seminar, February 2014: “Baseline Schedules”, Hill International/CIOB Masterclass presentation, at Riyadh Rosewood Hotel, for more than 80 attendees tackling: baseline definitions, purpose of the baseline, contract requirements, elements for baseline review, and what to do if you didn’t start with a suitable schedule.
• Workshop, June 2016: “Contracts and Planning Workshop”, in house workshop for 18 project managers and site engineers tackling: understanding the FIDIC contracts, Managing projects to avoid and minimize conflicts, planning, and baseline schedules.
2016 - Present
United Arab Emirates
Established Company in UAE providing Construction Claims and Dispute Resolution Services.
Defend construction contract claims/arbitration cases which include time extension claims, escalation claims, termination claims, forensic time impact analysis, and expert witness on productivity matters.
Geographical Exposure - MENA
2012 - 2015
Hill International - Claims Group (now HKA)
Led multiple projects, defined procedures to be applied on the project and ensured meeting of project standards.
Planned project budget, resolve conflicts, implement decisions on employees, and maximized profits.
Reported to senior management regarding business development, and established customer relationships; presented peer reviews of claims prepared by other team member’s prior submittal.
Geographical Exposure - MENA
2011 - 2012
Handled various types of claims and QS services, as well as ensured completion of sound claim settlements. Geographical Exposure - MENA
Forensic Claims Consultant
Defend construction contract claims/arbitration cases which include time extension claims, escalation claims, termination claims, forensic time impact analysis, and expert witness on productivity matters. Geographical Exposure - MENA
2005 - 2011
ENTREPRISES A.R. HOURIE S.A.L
Claims and Contract Consultant
2003 - 2005
DAVIS LANGDON LEBANON S.A.R.L.
Oversaw tenders/projects of a general contractor regarding pre-/post-contract tasks/operations.
LLM - Masters in Constrcution Law and Arbitration
Robert Gordon University
MEM - Masters In Engieering Management
American University of Beirut
CERTIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) - AACEI
Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
Member of Institute of Construction Claims Practitioners (MICCP)
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
Contracts & Process Management
Area of focus
Tendering & Pre-Contracts
Conditions Of Contract
Document Control Processes
Instructions To Tenderer
Negotiation & Contract Award
Claims – Variation Orders
Compilation Of Tender Documents
Area of focus 3
Extension Of Time
Area of focus
Civil Public Works